Job Role: Consultant, Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A)
Location: Hybrid – London & Remote
Career Level: 1, 2, & 3
Decision Inc. is a global digital services business operating out of the United Kingdom, Australia, and South Africa. We drive progress through technology and help our clients scale their operational capability, redesign their modern workplace, and put Decision Intelligence at the heart of the operating model. You’ll be part of a team where amazing people can do their best work and achieve something significant in the world. In joining our UK team, you’ll be joining one of the UK’s leading independent implementors of SAP EPM solutions. We provide clients with Data, Analytics and AI capabilities, leveraging the best cloud platforms in the market.
We are an ambitious company, and we’re looking for people who share those same aspirations. Our energy, collaboration and entrepreneurial spirit are a big part of what makes Decision Inc. successful and a great place to grow your career.
See more about who we are: About us
What we are looking for in a Consultant
As a Consultant you should have experience of a full life cycle SAP BPC Implementation or have experience of working on numerous work streams across a variety of SAP BPC engagements. Consultants are expected to have a good understanding of SAP BPC (or BW/HANA), with a keenness to develop their knowledge of the product. This is a functional, client facing role so excellent communication is essential. The Consultants form part of Decision Inc. UK’s delivery team and fulfil roles across the four core competencies: people leadership, knowledge, client leadership and delivery effectiveness.
Your role and responsibilities as a Consultant
People leadership: Professional and helpful team member who actively participates in team meetings and positively represents Decision Inc.. As a Consultant you should seek and respond well to feedback. You should understand and respect company policies, values and standards.
- Knows the company values and policies and follows them to the latter.
- Is a mentor to junior consultants
- Shares their knowledge and expertise throughout the team through best practice knowledge repository, internal training etc.
- Proactively seeks out feedback from project managers to support his / her continuous development.
- Demonstrates cooperation and collaboration with fellow team members
Knowledge: As a Consultant you should be technically competent. Enthusiastically looking for opportunities to learn, grow, and build up certifications, where relevant. Building basic knowledge of our offerings and contributing where possible to the knowledge portal.
- Proactively searches for ways to improve his / her knowledge about SAP BPC in general, about specific solutions, and about projects in which he / she is involved.
- Has SAP BPC certification (or other relevant technical certification).
- Supports in the delivery of internal training.
- Is either working towards an advanced Finance qualification (e.g. CIMA) qualification or a technical qualification of strong relevance.
Client leadership: As a Consultant you should work reliably and professionally with the client under the guidance of the project/ team leadership. Understand his/her role in what the client wants to achieve. Starts to build trusted relationships with the client.
- Starts to identify potential business opportunities. Maintains client interest and buy-in to the project.
- Is aware of the basic commercial arrangement in the projects he/she is involved in.
Delivery effectiveness: Manages own work with some guidance. Identifies and flags potential issues in meeting promised deadlines/deliverables. Building consulting skills with good communication and problem-solving basics.
- Is able to build input schedules and reports, set-up security and maintain the dimension library with minimum coaching, with the desired quality and within normal timescales.
- Is able to resolve system issues with the desired quality and within normal timescales, for the components under his/her responsibility.
- Can write training documentation, with minimum coaching, for the parts of the application under his/her responsibility.
Contributes to project plans by providing effort and time estimates for his or her work and actively participates in project meetings, asking relevant questions about the project and the solution.