Job Role: Junior Consultant, Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A)
Location: Hybrid – London & Remote
Career Level: Entry level
Decision Inc. is a global digital services business operating out of the United Kingdom, Australia, and South Africa. We drive progress through technology and help our clients scale their operational capability, redesign their modern workplace, and put Decision Intelligence at the heart of the operating model. You’ll be part of a team where amazing people can do their best work and achieve something significant in the world. In joining our UK team, you’ll be joining one of the UK’s leading independent implementors of SAP EPM solutions. We provide clients with Data, Analytics and AI capabilities, leveraging the best cloud platforms in the market.
We are an ambitious company, and we’re looking for people who share those same aspirations. Our energy, collaboration and entrepreneurial spirit are a big part of what makes Decision Inc. successful and a great place to grow your career.
See more about who we are: About us
What we are looking for in a Junior Consultant
As a Junior Consultant, you typically need to be a recent graduate from university looking to embark on a career that develops accountancy and IT skillsets. You will be asked to work under the careful supervision and direction of one of our more senior experienced consultants giving you the opportunity to develop your skills and to gain experience within various projects. The Junior Consultants form part of Decision Inc. UK’s delivery team and fulfil roles across the four core competencies: people leadership, knowledge, client leadership, and delivery effectiveness.
Your role and responsibilities as a Junior Consultant
People leadership: Professional and helpful team member who actively participates in team meetings and positively represents Decision Inc.. Seeks and responds well to feedback. Understands and respects company policies, values and standards.
- Knows the company values and policies and follows them to the latter.
- Always demonstrates professionalism.
- Proactively seeks out feedback from project managers to support his/her continuous development.
- Demonstrates cooperation and collaboration with fellow team members.
Knowledge: As a Junior Consultant we expect that you be technically competent. Enthusiastically looking for opportunities to learn, grow, and build up certifications, where relevant. Building basic knowledge of our offerings and contributing where possible to the knowledge portal.
- Proactively searches for ways to improve his / her knowledge about SAP BPC in general, about specific solutions, and about projects in which he / she is involved.
- Actively working towards SAP BPC certification and / other relevant SAP certification.
- Builds functional knowledge in Finance and starts to work towards an advanced Finance qualification (e.g. CIMA).
- Makes best use of opportunities to improve his / her building skills.
Client leadership: Works reliably and professionally with the client under the guidance of the project/ team leadership. Understands his/her role in what the client wants to achieve. Starts to build trusted relationships with the client.
- Is aware of the basic commercial arrangement in the projects he/she is involved in.
- Learns about Decision Inc.’s best practices or commercial proposals when not on a project.
- Manages communication with the client professionally and proactively.
Delivery effectiveness: Manages own work with some guidance. Identifies and flags potential issues in meeting promised deadlines/deliverables. Building consulting skills with good communication and problem-solving basics.
- Takes the opportunity to learn about different ways to deliver one specific business requirement.
- Manages his / her time effectively and can deliver small tasks within agreed deadline. When this is not possible, he / she communicates delay to manager in a timely manner.
- Client engagement is always professional.
- Can format project documentation as per corporate format.