Job Role: Senior Consultant, Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A)
Location: Hybrid – London & Remote
Career Level: 1 & 2
Decision Inc. is a global digital services business operating out of the United Kingdom, Australia, and South Africa. We drive progress through technology and help our clients scale their operational capability, redesign their modern workplace, and put Decision Intelligence at the heart of the operating model. You’ll be part of a team where amazing people can do their best work and achieve something significant in the world. In joining our UK team, you’ll be joining one of the UK’s leading independent implementors of SAP EPM solutions. We provide clients with Data, Analytics and AI capabilities, leveraging the best cloud platforms in the market.
We are an ambitious company and we are looking for people who share those same aspirations. Our energy, collaboration and entrepreneurial spirit are a big part of what makes Decision Inc. successful and a great place to grow your career.
See more about who we are: About us
What we are looking for in a Senior Consultant
As a Senior Consultant you should have experience of numerous full life cycle SAP BPC project implementations. You are required to have extensive knowledge of SAP BPC (or BW/HANA) and excellent functional skills. Senior Consultants have good communication and interpersonal skills and are expected to lead workstreams within a larger SAP BPC programme. The Senior Consultants form part of Decision Inc. UK’s delivery team and fulfils roles across the four core competencies: people leadership, knowledge, client leadership, and delivery effectiveness.
Your role and responsibilities as a Senior Consultant
People leadership: Senior Consultants actively look for opportunities to have impact, grow and help colleagues. Strong internal profile. Reputation for taking ownership. Highly professional Decision Inc. ambassador who lives our values.
- Knows the company values and policies and follows them to the latter.
- Is a role model and mentor to other team members and always promotes professional behaviour, making use of correct language, following clients’ dress codes, arriving on time, etc.
- Shares their knowledge and expertise throughout the team through best practice knowledge repository, internal training etc
- Demonstrates trusted relationships with senior level clients and project managers.
- Proactively uses online tools to demonstrate thought leadership and provide insight e.g. write articles and blogs for the Company, attends networking events etc.
- Can act as workstream lead and coach junior consultants in building simpler components.
Knowledge: As Senior Consultant should have solid technical knowledge and certifications. Growing relevance and pull for expertise. Practically applies expertise to deliver best solution/ way forward. Actively shares knowledge and builds team capabilities.
- Can lead functional or technical design workshops and is able to document workshop outputs.
- Is able to identify significant potential business opportunities within the projects he / she is involved in and proactively works with the project manager in developing these opportunities.
- Is able to propose alternative calculation methods (Excel, script logic, ABAP, etc.) and propose the best option to fulfil a specific user requirement.
- Learns about Decision Inc.’s best practices or commercial proposals when not on a project.
- Understands more complex accounting, budgeting and forecasting principles.
Client leadership: Independently Senior Consultants consults with the client on day-to-day work. Owns relationship at appropriate client seniority. Engages with clients to understand their business challenges and identify where we can add most value.
- Starts to identify potential business opportunities. Maintains client interest and buy-in to the project.
- Is aware of the basic commercial arrangement in the projects he/she is involved in.
Delivery effectiveness: As a Senior Consultant you should shape work within an agreed scope. Reliably delivers high quality output. Skillfully manages expectations with relevant people. Competently communicates and problem solves in team and client settings.
- Promotes and leads by example on the adoption of project testing methodologies (e.g. using the right testing tools, maintaining list of defects etc.).
- Can define, plan and manage the data load strategy and UAT for small implementations or parts of a large implementations.
- Can write training documentation with no coaching.
- Contributes to project plans by providing effort and time estimates for his or her work and actively participates in project meetings, asking relevant questions about the project and the solution.