SAP BPC & BW Upgrade
Evolution or Revolution
The SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) application delivers planning, Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Consolidation capabilities for thousands of companies worldwide. The latest version, 11.1 was released in 2019. It is now built on the BW4/HANA 2.0 platform, which is a significant improvement from the earlier versions.
So, why should a company like yours consider upgrading and what are your options?
Upgrade to SAP BPC v11.1
Version 11.1 is the latest evolution of the SAP BPC product.
Developed for the next generation data warehouse platform BW/4HANA, built entirely on the advanced in-memory database, SAP HANA.
Standard & Embedded versions are applicable.
SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) is SAP’s new tool for Analytics & Planning.
A modern user interfaces facilitates a driver-based and top-down approach to planning, with Custom Widgets available for tailoring.
Group Reporting is SAP newest tool for Consolidation in the S4 layer.
Pair SAC with BPC for a hybrid approach to planning. Modern user-interface encourages Top-down planning in SAC aligned with Bottom-up budgeting in BPC
- BPC for Consolidation alongside SAC for Planning
- Group Reporting for Consolidation with BPC for Planning
Match Systems to your needs.
5 Reasons why you should be upgrading your SAP BPC
- End of Maintainance – Additional cost for SAP extended maintenance
- Integration Capability – BPC11.x offers integration with SAC & Digital Boardroom
- Performance Improvements – Calculations pushed to the HANA database. Faster load times with simplified data integration.
- Modern Interface – BPC Fiori based web interface and graphical BW modelling tools
- Cloud Deployment & Increased Options – AWS, MS Azure, SAP HEC, third party certified host
The business benefits of upgrading:
Simplify & Modernise
Reduced BW data model layers, less data duplication and less loading steps
Simplification of back end repositories, a reduced set of HANA optimised objects, easily configurable
Modern HTML5 interface, more intuitive look and feel with customisable home screen
Performance & Flexibility
Processing moved to the HANA database for improved performance
Real time flexibility to analyse data in location and incorporate ‘big data’
Data temperature management to balance performance and cost
Options & Agility
Deep integration with SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) to support Reporting, Hybrid Planning and Predictive analytics
Out of the box cloud deployment for reduced TCO
- System and Landscape Review
- Data Model Analysis
- Approach Definition
- Pre-requisites and Tools
- Plan – Time & Effort
- Implementation and Testing Strategy
- Cost–Benefit Assessment
- Existing versions of SAP BW and BPC
- Existing database and version
- Consideration of existing systems and BW content
- Some elements may benefit from Re-Design. Lift & Shift, Optimise or Re-write (low/medium/high)
Our approach to conversions:
In Place Conversion
Takes your existing SAP BW and BPC content through a process that transfers data models and flows to objects compatible with SAP BW/4HANA.
Available for the conversion of an SAP BPC 10.1 and BW 7.5 system on a HANA database.
Fresh clean build plus transfer of selected data flows including data to a new installation of SAP BW/4HANA and BPC.
Available for the conversion of an SAP BPC 10 or 10.1 and BW 7.3 to 7.5 system on any database.
Works like a remote conversion but does not include transfer of data flows/data from the existing BW system.
Available for the conversion of an SAP BPC 10 or 10.1 and BW 7.0 to 7.5 system on any database.
Let’s work with you to achieve your BPC success.
Speak to an expert today.
Get in touch
+44 845 544 0915
Speak to an expert today!